COVID-19 Research Fund
Help researchers fight COVID-19 and help yourself!
The world has never faced a crisis like the one caused by the new coronavirus. The COVID-19 pandemic affects countries, economies, and especially our way of life. The world is coming together to combat the COVID-19 pandemic bringing universities, laboratories, specialists, and individuals together to help respond to this global outbreak. The humanity, solidarity and generosity of people and organizations everywhere is unprecedented.
As we worry about the health - physical and financial - of our friends and family, most of us want to know: How can we help? It is our duty to support those who work hard to bring us peace and health, researching methods and techniques to prevent, detect, respond, and stop the pandemic.
Everyone can directly support the research effort by donating to the COVID-19 Research Fund.
Most scientists think there will be a second wave of resistant infections after the capacity for treatment and isolation becomes exhausted, most likely again in the latter half of 2020.
To combat the disaster of the second wave, the need for funding of at least EUR 25 million by August 2020 must be met. As this outbreak evolves, funding needs are likely to increase.
Donations received will go towards funding the medical and research activities, which include among others:
- Studies to understand critical aspects of viral infection, replication, pathogenesis, and transmission;
- Studies to examine virus stability and persistence;
- Development of sensitive, specific, and rapid clinical diagnostic tests for SARS-CoV-2;
- Development of SARS-COV-2 therapeutic candidates;
- Development of SARS-CoV-2 vaccine candidates;
- Buying and shipping essential supplies such as masks, gloves and protective wear for researchers and frontline medical staff.
In the donation page you may choose where to direct you funds and how can we reward your kindness.